In an exciting joint effort between Deerfield and the University of Delaware’s Department of Plants and Soil Sciences, a pollinator garden is being established on #11 at Deerfield. This project will promote support and maintain pollination by birds, bats, butterflies, moths and bees by supplying food in the form of pollen and nectar that will ensure that these important animals stay in the area to keep pollinating our crops for continued fruit and vegetable production. UD’s Professor Erik Ervin, Chair of the Department, and his Graduate Assistant worked with Deerfield Superintendent John Jacob and his crew to establish the soil and seed base required earlier this month. This work will benefit the wildlife at Deerfield as well as improving the overall ecosystem of White Clay Creek State Park. Look for this area on the right hand side of #11 the next time you play Deerfield.
5/6/20 – Golf & Banquet Update At Deerfield
Deerfield is still open for golf only (one person per gas cart beginning Friday 5/8/20, DE residents only), with all in-person tours, events, weddings, brunches, parties, golf outings, meetings and banquets now postponed through Thursday June 11, 2020. We are hopeful to reopen for events – even if somehow limited with guidelines not determined yet – on Friday June 12th. Our sales team is working diligently with clients whose dates may have been impacted to resolve this evolving situation with the best solutions possible.
- Deerfield is currently limited to Delaware Residents Only and one golfer per cart – no caddies are permitted. You are also welcome to walk and carry or push your own cart. All social distancing guidelines and expectations remain in effect. There can be no accommodation for “same household” guests based on the Governor’s most recent modification. Due to limited golf carts, carts are available on a first come first served basis and cannot be guaranteed. We will do everything possible to make a golf cart available to you as quickly as possible, and have modified the tee sheet to help maximize cart availability.
- You are still required to wear a mask during pro shop check-in, and wherever social distancing standards of 6+ feet cannot be maintained. You are further required to maintain all appropriate 6+ feet of social distancing on the course at all times throughout the round. Not adhering to these standards will lead to you being asked to leave the property. We will be circulating team members roughly once per hour during prime time to assist guests who may need to be reminded or require assistance.
- Deerfield is still accepting touchless payment with credit card or pre-paid only for golf, please (no cash)
- Merchandise purchases essential for play is permitted (touchless credit card only) but the Pro Shop will be closed to unnecessary shopping among non-golfers
- All social distancing standards must be followed in the Pro Shop (the floor is marked for your convenience) with ONE GUEST in the Pro Shop at a time.
- The driving range and putting green are open (social distancing of 6+ feet always for safety)
- Lessons will continue but only on an individual basis where all social distancing standards of 6+ feet are maintained.
- Packaged snacks and soft drinks are available in the Pro Shop (no cash – just touchless credit card purchases, please).You are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onto the property.As before, cups have been modified to reduce contact points – rakes and ball-washers are removed – no touching of flagsticks, please.
- We will not be able to provide a pencil or a scorecard – we recommend printing one HERE or printing from our website prior to your round
- You may call the Pro Shop with questions, but we strongly advise you access www.deerfieldgolfclub.com for the latest tee time availability and information or you may email us at email@example.com.