In an exciting joint effort between Deerfield and the University of Delaware’s Department of Plants and Soil Sciences, a pollinator garden is being established on #11 at Deerfield. This project will promote support and maintain pollination by birds, bats, butterflies, moths and bees by supplying food in the form of pollen and nectar that will ensure that these important animals stay in the area to keep pollinating our crops for continued fruit and vegetable production. UD’s Professor Erik Ervin, Chair of the Department, and his Graduate Assistant worked with Deerfield Superintendent John Jacob and his crew to establish the soil and seed base required earlier this month. This work will benefit the wildlife at Deerfield as well as improving the overall ecosystem of White Clay Creek State Park. Look for this area on the right hand side of #11 the next time you play Deerfield.
5/6/20 – Golf & Banquet Update At Deerfield
Deerfield is still open for golf only (one person per gas cart beginning Friday 5/8/20, DE residents only), with all in-person tours, events, weddings, brunches, parties, golf outings, meetings and banquets now postponed through Thursday June 11, 2020. We are hopeful to reopen for events – even if somehow limited with guidelines not determined yet – on Friday June 12th. Our sales team is working diligently with clients whose dates may have been impacted to resolve this evolving situation with the best solutions possible.
- Deerfield is currently limited to Delaware Residents Only and one golfer per cart – no caddies are permitted. You are also welcome to walk and carry or push your own cart. All social distancing guidelines and expectations remain in effect. There can be no accommodation for “same household” guests based on the Governor’s most recent modification. Due to limited golf carts, carts are available on a first come first served basis and cannot be guaranteed. We will do everything possible to make a golf cart available to you as quickly as possible, and have modified the tee sheet to help maximize cart availability.
- You are still required to wear a mask during pro shop check-in, and wherever social distancing standards of 6+ feet cannot be maintained. You are further required to maintain all appropriate 6+ feet of social distancing on the course at all times throughout the round. Not adhering to these standards will lead to you being asked to leave the property. We will be circulating team members roughly once per hour during prime time to assist guests who may need to be reminded or require assistance.
- Deerfield is still accepting touchless payment with credit card or pre-paid only for golf, please (no cash)
- Merchandise purchases essential for play is permitted (touchless credit card only) but the Pro Shop will be closed to unnecessary shopping among non-golfers
- All social distancing standards must be followed in the Pro Shop (the floor is marked for your convenience) with ONE GUEST in the Pro Shop at a time.
- The driving range and putting green are open (social distancing of 6+ feet always for safety)
- Lessons will continue but only on an individual basis where all social distancing standards of 6+ feet are maintained.
- Packaged snacks and soft drinks are available in the Pro Shop (no cash – just touchless credit card purchases, please).You are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onto the property.As before, cups have been modified to reduce contact points – rakes and ball-washers are removed – no touching of flagsticks, please.
- We will not be able to provide a pencil or a scorecard – we recommend printing one HERE or printing from our website prior to your round
- You may call the Pro Shop with questions, but we strongly advise you access www.deerfieldgolfclub.com for the latest tee time availability and information or you may email us at email@example.com.
Contrary to popular belief, your local golf course and country club isn’t merely a place to work on your swing. A golf course can be one of the best places to have a wedding. Most people do not think about a golf course as a place to book a party or celebrate with brunch, but it is. As a matter of fact, it is a great place for all types of functions.
Of you are not using your local golf course for more than a few rounds, you are not getting everything out of it that you can. You could be meeting friends for meals, hosting memorable events, and more at the same place you play golf in Delaware.
Say “I Do” At the Gold Course
More brides and grooms are making the choice to utilize the premier golf course in Delaware to host their wedding reception. They are taking advantage of the beautiful backdrop and the turnkey approach.
Of course, you do not have to be a fan of the sport to take advantage of the beautiful venue that adds a touch of elegance to your wedding. Couples that have taken advantage rave about their positive experiences — and so do the guests.
Let’s Meet for Brunch
Brunch is the perfect weekend meal. It is that meal that falls between breakfast and lunch so it is served at the perfect time of day. There is nothing better than to enjoy a robust brunch menu with friends and family on a leisurely weekend day.
The idea of a mid-morning to mid-afternoon meal started in England and took about 30 years to catch on in the United States. Now it’s a great way to gather friends and family members to celebrate birthdays, and more.
Have a Party
The golf club is a perfect place to throw an engagement party, a graduation party, a birthday party, corporate events, and more. Your event will be a memorable event with a beautiful backdrop. A golf club is a great location for any type of gathering. It can be the perfect space for both intimate and large gatherings.
Don’t Miss Out
Explore the event options at one of Delaware premier golf courses. There is a lot more to your Delaware golf course than a round of golf. It may be exactly the venue you want to host your next event.
When you think about golf events, you might typically tend to think about the PGA tour, local tournaments at the public golf course near you, or sneaking away from work on a warm day to play golf with your friends. But increasingly, golf courses–which are set up perfectly to host events–have been trending as hot romantic wedding places.
Traditional weddings often take place in a church or some other indoor venue, but we’re now seeing as much as 35% of all weddings taking place outdoors. Golf courses are often overlooked as an option for wedding and events, but their striking natural beauty and perfectly landscaped scenery provide an extremely desirable background for nuptials.
Since the theory is applicable across virtually any type of event, golf courses are well-equipped as party venues. Most golf courses have a clubhouse, restaurants, a bar, rooms that can be reserved for celebrations and of course, fantastic scenery. Great planning and attention to detail go into the design and development of golf courses, so it stands to reason that the scenery will be above and beyond something you could find anywhere else in the city. Unless you plan your event on a beach, or somewhere in the mountains, it’s going to be all but impossible to beat the kind of beautiful visual appeal that a golf course provides.
When planning weddings or other events, people who already enjoy golfing will go out of their way to plan their itinerary around a round of golf. By hosting your event at a golf course, you help the avid golfers in your life save time by presenting them with an opportunity to play 18 holes in the same location.
A common misconception about golf courses is that they are super-elite, or that some kind of exclusive membership is required to golf or book an event. While there certainly are private golf clubs and places that require membership, most public golf courses are just as beautiful, have just as many amenities, and are open for any and everyone to plan golf events or book a wedding. Public golf courses still provide event planners with beautiful scenery, restaurants, room rentals and event staffs dedicated to catering and decorating, ensuring every event is as spectacular as the last.
Your child’s high school graduation is a bittersweet milestone for you as the parent.
After all, your child has accomplished so much: From consistently making good grades to developing a memorable social life. It’s only fair to commemorate this wonderful milestone with an elegant celebration, even if you’re not sure you’re quite ready to let them go.
This foray into adulthood deserves more than a home-made brunch menu or a backyard barbecue. Here are some great ideas for throwing a graduation party that will turn heads and create everlasting memories.
Throw A Dinner Banquet
It’s fun to throw a casual party for a teenager, but who remembers. But if you’re looking to celebrate in style, why not throw a graduation party reminiscent of country club weddings?
If your loved one enjoys classy events with an upscale menu and a luxurious setting, a catered banquet is just the way to go.
Invite all of your extended relatives and close family friends. You can also choose to invite your child’s entire graduating class, or just their closest friends will do. Then, book a party at the best venue in the vicinity. Consider going out of town for this shindig; a fantastic venue is worth traveling to if you find one you truly adore.
For convenience, you can even find a venue that will cater your banquet. You can work with your caterer to develop a signature menu for this event, or you can choose to trust the food service professionals. Either way, tasty cuisine in the company of friends makes for a successful evening.
Does your child admire creativity?
If so, you can’t disappoint him or her with a traditional graduation party. Instead, pull out all the stops by hosting a golf-a-thon at an exclusive resort or country club.
This type of event is especially relevant if your child plays golf. that being said, anyone feels like American royalty at an 18-hole golf course. Book a venue where you can play golf all day. You can even incorporate a brunch menu to make your guests feel full and welcome. Whether your child has yet to learn golf or has participated in a local golf tournament, spending time with family and friends at a golf course in Delaware is a great way to commemorate the end of high school.
Have A Family Brunch
Who says a lavish family meal can’t make unforgettable bonds even stronger?
Make your high school graduate feel like the star of the show by honoring him or her with a brunch menu worthy of a king. though this popular feast of breakfast and lunch originated in England, it became a favorite American feast once it caught on in the United States some 30 years later.
Whether you opt for a traditional American brunch menu with pancakes, scrambled eggs, home fries, and more, or you choose a more sophisticated feast, no guest will leave the event dissatisfied.
Plan Your Party
What type of graduation party do you plan to throw for your beloved senior-year student? Whether you throw a big brunch or the best golf game of the century, make sure that your child has as much fun as his or her guests.
We’re just as sad as you, but Delaware’s BEST Sunday Brunch has been suspended for October 16th. We hope you’ll join us again on October 23rd when regular hours for Sunday Brunch returns at 10am! Make your reservations by clicking here!