6/15/20 – Deerfield Update
Events at Deerfield are now permitted indoors for up to 60% of allowable capacity as well as outdoors for up to 250 guests. Social distancing from all guests other than from your household, modification of buffets/food stations, restrictions on dance floor access and cocktail hours, use of masks other than while dining at your table, and other protocols are in place to ensure guest and staff safety. Policies and plans are evolving quickly, and remain open for change as directed by the guidelines provided by the State of Delaware. The specifics of the current guidelines for Phase II can be viewed here.
Sunday Brunch and holiday dining events are postponed until further notice.
Deerfield continues to be open for golf and Pub & Grille dining. Beginning on Monday 6/15/20 the following enhancements are in effect:
- Two people per golf cart will be permitted under most circumstances (walking or pushing a cart is encouraged)
- Golf carts will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between each use with products that meet or exceed EPA and State of DE requirements
- Single rider carts may be requested due to guest preference – a $10 fee per player will apply
- Should our Pro Shop staff pair you with a “single” or someone not a part of your reservation as permitted, any “single” may use a cart without incurring the fee above
- Because golf carts are limited in number, there is always a small chance a cart may not be available to you or there may be a short delay until one is available
- The tee sheet is managed carefully to make sure carts are available as often as possible for all who desire one
- Ball washers and bunker rakes are returning – please leave the rake where you found it and sanitizing your hands following use is recommended
- Please do not touch or remove the flagstick
- Mask use is recommended when riding in the same cart with another golfer and is required when in the clubhouse other than while dining
- Please remain safely socially distanced as often as possible while playing. We will be circulating team members as often as possible to assist guests who may need to be reminded or require assistance.
- Golf Leagues will be limited to two carts per foursome for league play (two players must walk/carry/push or put two bags on one cart when naming a designated walker for each twosome)
- As of 6/15/20, Deerfield is now accepting credit card (recommended) or cash as a form of payment
- Merchandise purchases are permitted in the Pro Shop one guest at a time (all social distancing standards must be followed in the Pro Shop)
- The driving range and putting green are open (social distancing of 6+ feet always for safety)
- Lessons will continue but only on an individual basis where all social distancing standards of 6+ feet are maintained
- The Pub & Grille is open with the following restrictions…
- Staff will wear masks at all times and will distribute single use menus (view the menu here)
- Some service standards have been modified to promote guest safety (plasticware, disposable cups, single serving condiments, etc.
- Alcohol and beer service is available with no outside alcohol permitted on property
- Seating at socially distanced tables in the Pub & Grille (60% capacity or 34 guests) with additional seating for 36 guests on the patio
- Reservations are not accepted for the Pub & Grille. All indoor and outdoor seating is on a first come, first served basis
- Beverage cart service will return on selected days based on volume of play and at Deerfield’s discretion
- Cups have been modified in order to reduce contact points between guests
You may call the Pro Shop with questions, but we strongly advise you access www.deerfieldgolfclub.com for the latest tee time availability and information or you may email us at email@example.com.